If you’re a fitness enthusiast, you’ve probably spent some time experimenting with the perfect pre-workout snack for yourself.
It’s difficult to choose the snack that is right for you. Something that is light and doesn’t weigh you down, yet gives your body exactly the boost of energy you need, right before your workout. Plus it needs to be something that is inventive enough to not bore you after the first three days.
Sounds like a tall order? Not if you've got Nutrilov on your side.
Read on to find out the best, Nutrilov kitchen approved pre-workout snacks you have got to try!
- Granola bars. Granola bars are a convenient and portable snack that can provide a good balance of protein, carbohydrates, and fiber. For the most nutritious snack, you need to find a bar made of whole grains and nuts and without any refined sugar. Or just pick any flavour of Nutrilov granola bars and never worry about reading the ingredient list ever again.
- Fruits and yogurt. Fruits and yogurt are a refreshing and nutritious pre-workout snack. The fruit provides essential carbohydrates for energy, while the yogurt provides protein and calcium. Choose fruits that are high in carbohydrates, such as bananas, berries, and grapes. Then, top with a sprinkling any flavour of our Crunchy Cereal and enjoy an added burst of flavour that’s good for your body too!
- Hard-boiled eggs. Hard-boiled eggs are an excellent source of protein and healthy fats. They are also a good option for people who are looking for a low-carb pre-workout snack. Pro-tip: Mash up the egg yolk with some salt and pepper to give your boiled eggs a new tasty twist.
- Nuts and seeds. Nuts and seeds are a portable and nutrient-rich snack that can provide a good source of protein, healthy fats, and fiber. Choose nuts and seeds that are high in omega-3 fatty acids, such as almonds, walnuts, and chia seeds. For a new take on nutty snacks, try our Almond Cappuccino granola bar for an added coffee surprise.
- Oatmeal. Oatmeal is a good source of carbohydrates and fiber, which can help to provide sustained energy during a workout. Oatmeal can be eaten plain or topped with fruit, nuts, seeds, and any flavour of our Crunchy Cereal.
When choosing the right snack for you, it’s also important to consider your individual needs and goals.
If you are looking for a snack that will provide sustained energy, choose a snack that is high in carbohydrates. If you are looking for a snack that will help you build muscle, choose a snack that is high in protein. And if you are looking for a snack that is low in sugar, choose a snack that is made with whole grains and fruits, like all Nutrilov goodies!
Remember to have your pre-workout snack at least 30 minutes before your workout. This will give your body time to digest the food and use the energy for your workout.