If you are looking to make a quick and festive Independence Day snack, these rice cereal bars are the perfect option. Popular amongst kids and adults both, these bars come together in less than 20 minutes and will bring out your inner patriot for sure! Crafted in Nutrilov’s headquarters by our Product Head this Independence Day, we definitely believe in indulging when the occasion calls for it ;)
- 3 cups rice cereal (commonly known as murmura)
- 3 cups marshmallows (divided)
- 3 tbsp. margarine or butter (divided)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Food coloring (green)
1. Gather your supplies and divide the rice cereal and marshmallows in three for the three layers.
2. Melt butter on a pan on stovetop or in the microwave and add marshmallows.
3. Once marshmallows start to melt, take off the stove, stir well and add green food coloring to make the batter light green.
4. Then add 2 cups of rice cereal and stir well.
5. Press into well-greased square pan.
6. Repeat with no food coloring and then dark green food coloring layer.
7. Set, cut into squares and enjoy!